1. Don’t panic. This is probably the most important thing to remember if you find yourself locked out of your house. Locking yourself out happens to everyone at some point, and it’s nothing to be embarrassed about.
2. See if you can find an unlocked window or door. Sometimes people forget to lock up all of their doors and windows before leaving the house, so this is always worth checking.
3. Try reaching out to a friend or neighbor who has a key to your house. If you have someone who you trust who has a key to your house, see if they’re available to let you in.
4. If all else fails, call a locksmith. This should be your last resort, but if you can’t get into your house any other way, a locksmith can help.
5. Prevent this from happening in the future. Once you’re back in your house, take some time to think about how you can prevent this from happening again. Maybe you need to hide a spare key somewhere outside, or get a lock that is easier for you to remember. Whatever you do, just make sure that you won’t be locked out again in the future.